The Perfect Pumpkin Pie
It’s that time of year again, so throw on your fanciest pair of sweat pants and get ready to feast on the perfect pumpkin pie! Here is a great pumpkin pie recipe.
Ingredients for the Perfect Pumpkin Pie
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- A 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon Chinese 5-spice powder
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie crust
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook: 45 Min
Ready in: 1 Hour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Whisk together pumpkin puree, egg yolks, and egg in a large bowl until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg, and Chinese 5-spice powder; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Fit pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate and crimp edges.
- Pour filling into the pie shell and lightly tap on the work surface to release any air bubbles.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake until just set in the middle, 30 to 40 more minutes. A paring knife inserted into the filling, 1 inch from the crust, should come out clean. Allow to cool completely before serving.
We hope that you enjoy the pie! Here are some foods you should try to avoid when you’re pregnant.