Parents soon realize how fast babies grow up, and that starts to set in as soon as your little one begins to take their first steps. To savor these moments with your child – there are lots of activities you can do with them before they can walk. Once they begin to walk it’s going to get a lot tougher and exhausting for these types of activities. So enjoy them now!
- Visit an art museum. Baby will enjoy all the different colors, shapes and patterns while touring an art museum. Plus it gives mom some time to take in all the beautiful work and enjoy a day out. It’s a lot easier with the stroller for this type of excursion rather when they begin to walk and want to run around touching everything.
- Baby photo shoot. Have a fun day staging props or taking them to the park for some fun photos. Photos get a lot more difficult as they get older. Snap away!
- Go out to dinner. Okay for some moms we understand this may not be the best option, especially if baby screams in unknown environments. But other moms, it can be enjoyable to tuck baby in the carrier and have a night out.
- Go on a picnic. If it’s a beautiful day out – pack up a picnic basket with some goodies, blanket and your little one or have one inside! Mom can kick back since baby isn’t going to be running around the park and take in the scenery.
- Walk in the garden. Take a stroll at a local garden or even a friend or neighbor’s garden. Again, lots of colors, shapes and smells for baby to take in.
- Go for a swim. There are lots of mommy and baby swimming classes can be lots of fun. A good start to get baby used to the pool.
- Listen. This is the period where it’s good to introduce music to your little one – have a dance party around the house! There are tons of good baby friendly Spotify playlists. If you’re a natural musician – pick up an instrument and start playing.