5 Awesome Ways to Make Your Baby Laugh
If you’re looking for 5 awesome ways to make your baby laugh, you’ve come to the right spot. Most babies have a predictable sense of humor and most time the thing that makes them the happiest is your big smiling face. Fortunately for busy moms, they are not too fussy if we are wearing makeup or have washed our hair. The mere fact that we smile at them signals unconditional love and affection.
As babies get into their first year, it’s fun to find new creative ways to get them giggling.
1. Feathers: The first stop in our 5 awesome ways to make your baby laugh is feathers. For the baby who doesn’t like being aggressively tickled, a feather can do the trick (Freeze the feather overnight first to kill anything that might be living in it. Ugh, or maybe skip the feather and tickle her with a cotton ball).
2. Peek-A-Boo: Your giant, amazing face popping out from behind almost anything will get a laugh, once Baby catches on to what’s happening. Warning: once they get the joke, they will want you to do this 10,000 times in a row.
3. Other Babies: The first time my son met another child his age he almost died of delight. If you don’t have a playmate handy, babies also love pictures of other babies’ faces. Mrs. Mustard’s Baby Faces book was the go-to cheerer-upper in our house that first year.
4. Get Weird with it: Sometimes, you have to veer off the tried-and-true paths to find what your particular baby finds funny. Try making funny faces or dancing around like a monkey. Whatever gets them jumping with laughter!
5. Puppies: There is little more that will set your heart aflutter than a laughing baby being swarmed by puppies. If you don’t have access to a basketful of eight-week-old Golden Labs, however, any friendly family pet can do the trick. Keep Baby’s arms and legs covered (scratches aren’t funny) and supervise.
Remember: Some things strike certain people as being funny, and babies are no exception. Maybe your baby liked the way your pants fell off when you sneezed, or maybe the cat tried to jump from the couch to the TV and missed. YouTube is full of serendipitous moments like that where babies are laughing their heads off. Cherish them, for they are impossible to recreate. If you need any more helpful baby tips, check out our other blog posts.